Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Easy

It's easier to deal with the facts instead of the emotion.
Harder to believe in a lifelong construction than an immediate devotion.
It would be lovely to just let God move our limbs by supernatural energy
But...if we had choice in it all we'd probably be in bed all day not exercising God-given ability.
Easy.
Damn, I wish life were so easy.

But it seems to me once I've survived one issue I'm found by another. Not founded by but.. Found.

I ache within all metaphors, strangers, friends, peers, family, lovers.
See, I'm less interested in what we want... than who we're going to be.
More profoundly, how that decision in you affects the confidence in me.

Easy. People are never easy.
Yet they grow in me a need for them.
Like my tongue needs to taste something sour.
Like my eyes need to see the colours in theirs that also weep.
Like I need to see the sunrise in different countries skies.
Like my routine needs to be met by your surprise.

And that's what you are to me. Surprise!

Dreams and promises grounded in people that are... not easy.
I can live in the world of my own expectations but I don't know if I should try to sway you...
I wouldn't wanna persuade the innate change that takes over you, jades you, shades you, names you. That's your process.

Easy would be like... You are just like me. You just get me. I just get you. But shoot I'm so lifeless without you.
You stimulate life in me by simply not being easy.
So... To all of you.
Thank you.
It's harder to believe in you cuz we're all a lifelong construction. You are the beacons of beauty and deep holders of destruction.

But I see something like you... In me.
Not everything like but, you know. Something.
I'll hang my closed mind on a sorta clothes line that can be tumbled by the wind so that I can understand that we all... wear them. A material manufactured by Closed Minds.

For every face on you is a human body.
I am sistered to you.
We are a force of camaraderie.
Believing in much more than that but maybe some of us just aren't ready to believe in much more an that's ok.

Sidestepping our events, gatherings and rituals.
I need you to know that we generally like you for NOT being easy.

Sometimes I can't even listen to our music because it's easier to deal with our facts instead of emotion.
I grow up weary from all our stories that sing, "betrayal." And then sometimes, "devotion."

How the hell am I suppose to keep up with that?
I do understand the logic of a recluse seeking comfort from her cats.
Dude, I'm not far from her.

But your reality teaches me and puts my loneliness to rest. So I guess... I'm still on the train of thought where I thank you.

Thank you for the times where you've tackled me with love and made sure I was embraced even when I only sized up to paper thin.
Thank you for your arguments and for occasionally letting my uninformed side win.

Thanks for feeding my fears and making me less fearful.
Thanks for all the years where you have been dedicated to being my people.

Thank you for giving up on me and for silencing your voice in my life... for asserting your thoughts were I thought they'd never belong, like the sharpest of knives!

For letting me know how I've been so right and yet equally wrong.
Thank you for calling others out of lies, for acceptance ...and for seeing treasures in people where they might be buried very... deep down inside.

Thank you for your part in rehabilitation. From one-on-ones to transforming entire communities spreading gifts of reconciliation.

Thanks for your doubts that cause others to question their foundations that might have not been all that foundational... after all.

Thank you for leaving me alone and for lending your heart to mine in my most absent hours
Thank you for how you act like a desert to my soul and the most tropical of showers.

I'm content to share a world with our vast dynamics that act like a promise to live through.
Thank you for the fullness of all that a relationship offers in you.
These twinkling, blurred and abstract city lights look like refreshments today.
So I thank God finally where He should've always been first.

No comments:

Post a Comment