Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tomorrow



Everyday is a new song we're destined to sing
Jam-packed with imagery, identity and meaning
It takes us places that have never been seen - bequeathed for the fools of the land
Righteous moments in between the fleeting
The song follows into our deepest dreaming


I look for You and Your host of signs
You're the reason I sit with these petty rhymes
Either offering violent words collide or the sacred sounds You combine

The most joyful soul still hopes beyond tomorrow
It sees a river shine in all the bright, hopeful eyes that join it
It hears voices aligned with the freedom in forgiveness
I know the Man of Sorrows will greet with understanding
Like the collapse drawn from final breath, we will fall at His feet in thankfulness.
Alongside all the other foreigners of earth, we will feel the completion of journeying with new birth.

But don't give me a song that can only be sung when days end
Don't give me distant ideas to hold to and pretend with
Draw me near despite my considered concerns
See the tongue the song of Holy took and made burn... from the purest of streams

How can I articulate my longing for You? The more I know You the more I need You and the more I need You the more willingness there is to lose to gain everything

I am nothing before them
Before You I am something
Hear the loudest plea of a child, to be seen!
Hear history scream its desire for Your Name
I know my children will lament and celebrate with the same

But as we awake and hear Your kindness beckon, "friend!" our spirits take in what ears couldn't comprehend
Our song fulfilled in the mercy of Yours.
Jesus, Your lyrics make stiff walls fall to all floors.
Weeping faces full of smiles.
A daily song bids opened hands
Every open hand reminds even the joyous of songs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment