Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hunger


Everyone hungers.
But I know now it's for more than this empty purse could give.
Everything use to be so urgent!
Like MY LIFE was the detergent that would scrub wrong things right!
But I'm finding that change asks for a lot more than just me.
Though I've learned I'm not fully confident in anyone, save my Saviour 1 in 3.
Everybody's hungry.


Can't you see our hunger?
I know trials simply test the value of the life in which we believe
But don't we see the weary eyes that greet us with smiles as they wholeheartedly grieve?

I've learnt that the symbols of peace are hospitality to the houses that thorns prick at from beneath, fiercely and wildly.
I know. I know that character is built even if it eventuates from the resourcefulness of tears.

But hunger just reminds me of how much I'm waiting.
We weren't damned from the day we were born but we get older along with our perspectives, ever fading.

I have to know there's a Day out there where I will see like child again...
Released from all the hunger.

I admit, I can be a cranky old soul.
Because waiting can sound like mouths birthed for truth exploding into emptiness.
It can feel like a sickness that deepens as we avoid and dismiss each other.
It can look like dividing my allegiances with people because I can't understand why they'd hold my hand through the foulness of me.
It can seem like free people mourning about their loss of sight when THEY chose not to see.

Joy comes in the morning.
And I have felt sooooo guilty when it doesn't.
I'm pretty good at faking excitement. Watch! "Joy comes in the morning!"...
Tomorrow's another day but joy might be months in the making.
It might not be tomorrow but maybe joy comes through the M-O-U-R-N-I-N-G!
The stance of waiting, though with lessons in appointed time, is cousin to Do-Nothing. I can tell you she is sour like a lime.

And ours would be a pointless life if we didn't press for more.
Now I said press. Not stress.
Stressing is usually the prize of comparing and surprise! I am NOT you:)
But I do know change starts with an interaction between all sorts of twos.
Our hunger makes US reliant.
Our waiting gives US time.
Our togetherness is one of my greatest hopes because joy will be written on our foreign lines.

Everyone hungers.
But I know now it's for more than this empty purse could give.

No comments:

Post a Comment